Wednesday, January 19, 2011

please give

I don' know if these means I've returned to blogging, but I saw a cinematic sequence this evening that I wanted to talk about to cyber space, and it doesn't even exist on youtube! It is the opening sequence of the newest nicole holofcener film, Please Give. not to spoil it (it won't) it contained a roches song, and a rapid succession of mammograms.

In other media consumptives, I'm re-reading the newest william gibson trilogy. On the second book and it is written the worst but has the best/most delicate & resonant story I think on account of a layer a religious practice contrasting a more as-yet-to-be-actualized technology of locative art, or hyperspatial tagging for aesthetic value.
I picked up a copy after watching Somewhere over the weekend. I have not been super into any previous sofia coppola works, but the slice of Somewhere felt more truthful than her other works, maybe? Anyways, it features prominently the chateau marmont, which features hyperrealy in the book.

Also, lots of Have One on Me.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Whoa, I just watched Please Give (like, two days ago) (and liked it) but did not know that was a Roches song. I just thought, "wow, bold move to open a movie on."

Jack Napier said...

I'm so glad you're back KH, & where did you see that movie?

Also, what is that beautiful picture you have as your header?

Braidedbraids said...

thanks Joel!
I saw the movie on a digital versatile disc!

The photo is me and some waterfalls, from an Umpqua National Forest camping trip over the summer. Hannah H took the photo, I took it from her FB. It was really mossy and I think I was checking out some underwater ferns.

I'm still uncertain about my blogging future, by there may be an exciting announcement soon!